$15-20/hr. plus Mileage Allowance, Flexible Scheduling and Growth Opportunities.
Handyman Matters is an industry-leading repair & remodeling company for both residential and commercial properties.
We are leading the way to standardizing the industry!
All work is in the city of Spokane and nearby areas.
We find and schedule the jobs for you--> YOU provide the quality craftsmanship and customer service.
**To be considered for this position, reply with a resume that clearly highlights the trades in which you are skilled.**
Handyman Matters Spokane is one of Eastern Washington's top-rated handyman, repair and remodeling companies at www.handymanmatters.com/spokane (11115 E. Montgomery Ave. Suite 7. Spokane Valley, WA 99206).
Since 2009, we have been providing homes and businesses throughout Spokane with quality craftsmanship across all of their repair, maintenance and remodeling projects -- both large and small -- inside and outside.
Our multi-skilled professionals specialize in everything from basic repair, painting and installation tasks -- to moderate-sized projects like door, window, flooring, tiling and room updates -- to complete home remodeling projects for your kitchens, bathrooms, family rooms, dens, basements, decks and garages.
We can handle all specialized handicap and aging-in-place needs for ramps, grab-bars, railings, door handles and the like.
- Major Room Remodeling -- kitchens, baths, basements, family rooms, bedrooms, dens and garages.
- Handyman -- basic repair and installation tasks from hanging pictures to everything else.
- Doors & Windows -- installation and repairs.
- Carpentry -- crown molding, chair rails, wainscoting, base molding, stairs, railings, shelving and trim.
- Drywall -- repair and installation.
- Painting/Staining -- interior and exterior.
- Flooring, Tiling and Countertops -- all rooms, vinyl and ceramic.
- Exterior Projects -- fencing, gutters, siding, decks, ramps, stairs, rails, moss removal and power washing.
- Aging in Place -- hand rails, grab bars, ADA accessible tubs and doorways.
Our Spokane office is currently looking for energetic, fast-moving individuals who fit the following:
Knowledge of Trades
- Strong, overall knowledge of all trades: Carpentry -- Tiling -- Painting -- Dry walling. Estimation skills a huge benefit.
- Required Equipment and Truck/Van
- Must have a standard set of tools to perform all of the above trades.
- Must own your own truck or van with a valid drivers license.
- Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to be able to examine a problem situations and come up with a resolution in a prompt and professional manner.
Excellent Communication Skills
Must exhibit excellent communication skills with:
- Customers: Professional on site communication of pricing, time frame and explanation of projects. Customer interaction for scheduling changes.
- Management : Frequent updates on projects.
- Office Personnel: Prompt delivery of receipts, work orders, pictures and estimates. Constant updates on scheduling.
- Fellow Employees : Team players only need apply.
- Documentation : Efficient computer, phone and e-mail communications. Complete call-in, paperwork and pictures for commercial work.
Our craftsmen are the most important image of our business. You representation is the basis for our business growth and will determine our future. Consideration for advancement hinges on how our craftsmen perform. We require a clean appearance both in attire and vehicle. We ask for a respectful approach to our customers and our staff.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug check.
Benefits We Provide:
- An Initial 90-day Performance Review
- Mileage Allowance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Employee can travel to work assignments right from home -- no need to come to office daily -- work is dispatched to you via company cell phone or email
If you meet the requirements above, including reliable transportation and are seeking the opportunity to join a Winning Team and Growing Organization, then submit your resume today!
We are looking for Carpenters with a strong work ethic, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a good overall knowledge of all trades—from Carpentry, Tiling, Painting, and Drywalling . You must also display excellent customer service skills, including solid communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to interact in a positive way with a wide variety of different types of clients, as well as fellow employees, management, and office personnel.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Successful prior track record as a Carpenter / Craftsman; estimation skills and prior home inspection experience, strongly preferred
- Own standard set of tools to perform all of the above trades
- Own truck or van
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Residence within 15 miles of the city of Spokane
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation and invoicing skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
Handyman Matters of Spokane is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Handyman Matters Corporate.
Handyman Matters of Spokane
The nearly 300 Craftsmen who represent our Brand are the heart and soul of our turn-key, white-glove home repair, maintenance, and improvement service. They are skilled and experienced in many trades, but their professionalism and attention to detail is what sets them apart from others who work in the industry.
Handyman Matters Craftsmen are empowered and given much more flexibility than others in our industry. For example, they are in charge of their own job sites, and given the freedom to interact directly with Homeowners and Property Managers to suggest work that will improve safety, preserve their largest investment, and truly help them to love their homes and commercial buildings.
Handyman Matters’ work itself is often indoors in temperature-controlled environments, and is primarily of lighter-duty than new construction projects. There are Franchise Owners and Customer Service Representatives to assist with the day-to-day operations and administrative side of the business allowing our Craftsmen to focus on the tasks at-hand and provide our customers with professional services that exceed expectations. Our Franchise Owners are successful, business-savvy individuals, who are ethical and treat their Staff like Family. The safety and well-being of TEAM members is a top priority. Many of our Craftsmen are former business owners themselves and after working for a Handyman Matters local office, even for a short time, they have no desire to be out on their own or operating their small businesses any longer.
Most of the projects completed are for Repeat and Referral Customers—folks truly appreciate our high level of service, and they often request additional work by asking for particular Craftsmen by name. If you take great pride in your skills and abilities and wish to join a proven, winning TEAM that has served America’s neighborhoods and communities since 1998, please apply to the position(s) available below.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)